A baby shower is a special event filled with love, joy, and anticipation for the arrival of a precious little one.
But it doesn’t come without some work from the new mom.
After you have your wonderful shower, it’s time to express your gratitude for the thoughtful gifts and gestures from friends and family members.
One of the best ways to show your thanks is through a well thought out thank you card.
Whether you’re looking at writing a simple, yet meaningful, handwritten note, you want to send a photo card, or even a thank you party favor – this post has the best thank you card ideas for your baby shower.
Whether you’re expecting a baby boy or a baby girl, hosting a virtual baby shower or a party at your grandma’s house, we’ve got you covered.
Let’s dive in and discover the perfect ways to express your heartfelt thanks during this exciting time.
<— Pin it! Save this post for later!
What do you write in a thank you card for a baby shower?
If you’re feeling stuck on what to write in a thank you card after the baby shower, here’s the basic structure for what to include in your card:
- Express appreciation for attending the baby shower (or your sadness that they couldn’t attend)
- Next, acknowledge the gift you received and say thank you. Share your heartfelt thanks for their thoughtful gesture and generosity. Let them know how much you value their contribution and how it will be put to good use.
- Add any other personal statements and touches you’d like to include.
- Conclude your thank you card by once again stating your appreciation and expressing your excitement for the upcoming arrival of your baby.
Tailoring the Message to the Baby Shower Theme
Most baby showers have a fun and unique theme that sets the tone for the celebration.
Incorporating your theme into your thank you card can create a cohesive and memorable experience for your guests.
For instance, if your baby shower had a “Sweet Baby Shower” theme, consider including sweet treats or baby-related dessert references in your card’s design or wording.
If your theme revolved around a specific color palette, use those colors to add a touch of visual continuity to your thank you cards.
Customizing the cards to match the theme shows attention to detail and bringing your guests back to your baby shower day when they see it.
Adding Specific Details and Personal Touches
Another option to consider when writing your baby shower thank you notes is adding details and personal touches to your note.
Even if your note is simple, by going the extra mile to include specific details about the gift or gesture makes the thank you card feel more personal and heartfelt.
You can try these methods:
- Mention your baby’s name (if baby’s arrival already happened or if it’s decided). This shows that you’ve envisioned the gift in your little one’s life. For example, if Aunt Mary gifted an adorable outfit from your baby registry, you could write, “Thank you, Aunt Mary, for the precious onesie. Baby [Baby’s Name] will look absolutely adorable in it!” This simple addition demonstrates your thoughtfulness and brings a smile to the gift giver’s face.
- Include THEM in your future plans for the gift. For instance, if your close friends pitch in and buy you a new stroller, make sure to talk about how perfect the stroller will be for you to all go on walks together with it.
- Mention a specific feature of the gift. If your sister makes you an extra special blanket for baby, make sure you mention the soft pink minky fabric that you know baby will love to snuggle with.
In addition to specific details, consider adding a personal touch that reflects your relationship with the recipient.
If the gift giver is your best friend, share a cherished memory or an inside joke that relates to the baby shower or the upcoming arrival.
These personal touches not only express gratitude but also strengthen the bond between you and the gift giver, making the thank you card even more meaningful.
Creative Wording Examples for a Baby Shower Card
Finding the right words to express gratitude can sometimes be a daunting task.
To help you get started, here are a few creative wording examples for your baby shower thank you cards:
- “From the bottom of my heart, thank you for joining us in celebrating the upcoming arrival of Baby [Baby’s Name]. Your thoughtful gift and presence made our baby shower a truly wonderful day.”
- “Dear [Gift Giver’s Name], I am beyond grateful for the generous baby shower gift you bestowed upon us. Your kindness and support mean the world to me and Baby [Baby’s Name]. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.”
- “To my dearest [Best Friend’s Name], your love and friendship have been an invaluable part of my life. Thank you for not only hosting the most amazing baby shower but also for the lovely presents you showered upon Baby [Baby’s Name]. We are lucky to have you in our lives.”
The Best Thank You Card Ideas for Baby Shower
Now that you know the best way to write your thank you cards, here’s some amazing thank you card ideas that your guests will enjoy receiving.
Writing a handwritten note in a simple thank you card can be the perfect way to thank a loved one for coming to your baby shower.
Here’s a few of my top favorite:
Personalized Photo Cards
Whether you want to share a photo of your new baby along with your thank you card, or share fun moments of your baby shower – a photo is a great way to add some fun to your card.
3. Send a photo along!
This one is a really simple, but meaningful way to add a whole lot of love to a simple card.
Choose an adorable picture featuring the expectant parents, the new baby, or a snapshot of the cherished gifts received.
Print these photos on high-quality cardstock and write a heartfelt message on the reverse side. This thoughtful gesture will allow your loved ones to relive the fun and sweet memories from your baby shower.
Themed Thank You Cards
If you’re all about themes, you might want to consider having your thank you cards, baby shower invitations, and any part favors match the theme of your baby shower.
If you had a specific theme such as woodland animals, nautical, or floral, you could incorporate those elements into your card design.
Here’s a few great examples:
Baby Footprint Art Card
7. Personalized Baby Footprints Card
For this baby shower thank you card to work, your baby has to already be born.
And let me tell you, sometimes getting hand or footprints out of babies ISN’T easy.
But if you’re up for the challenge, you can create a unique and sentimental gift for your guests by incorporating your baby’s footprints into the thank you cards.
Dip your baby’s tiny feet into non-toxic ink or paint and gently press them onto cardstock or plain cards.
You can repeat this process, OR make it simple for yourself and just copy the original footprints to each new card 😉
Unique Thank You Card Ideas
Looking for a thank you card that’s totally different? Check out these amazing ideas below!
This might be one of the coolest and most unique thank you cards I’ve ever seen! Not only do your guests get a thank you card, but they also can plant the card and get their own beautiful wild flowers. SO COOL!
Planning to send a baby shower party favor home with your guests? Use these unique customized stickers to say thank you!
Just attach them to a package of your favorite goodies and you’re set!
Where Can I Find More Card Ideas?
If you’re looking for more baby shower thank you cards, I highly recommend checking out Etsy’s beautiful options right here.
How soon should you send thank you cards after a baby shower?
The sooner the better!
I know you’re busy prepping for a new baby, but you’re definitely NOT going to feel like writing thank you notes after baby arrives.
If you’re looking for specifics, it’s considered good etiquette to send out thank you cards within two to three weeks after the baby shower.
Sending them promptly shows your appreciation and lets the gift givers know that their generosity has been acknowledged.
However, if circumstances prevent you from sending them this quickly, it’s better to send them late than not at all.
Remember, it’s never too late to express your gratitude!
Do I have to write thank you cards for a baby shower?
While it’s not required to send your thanks, writing thank you cards for a baby shower is highly recommended.
Sending thank you cards is a thoughtful way to express gratitude for their love, support, and generosity. It shows that you value their presence and the effort they put into selecting or making gifts for your little one.
Does the thank you note need to be handwritten?
This is totally up to you!
You might want to think about who’s receiving the thank you note and how they’ll feel about it.
For instance, your best friend who you text every day may be totally fine with a sweet and thoughtful text, while your grandma might feel a handwritten note is the best way to truly show your thanks.
In a world where text messages and phone calls are the norm, a handwritten note on a thank you card takes things a step farther and holds a special place in the hearts of your loved ones.
Taking the time to write a personal message that lets the gift giver know that their generous gift or thoughtful gesture was genuinely appreciated goes a long way. And a physical note is something that they can keep as a keepsake for years to come if they choose.
So, grab your favorite pen and let your heartfelt thanks flow onto the paper.
What should you avoid in a thank you letter?
Have you been wondering what NOT to say in your thank you card?
Well, here are a few things you should try to avoid:
- Generic messages: Avoid using generic, impersonalized messages. Instead, make an effort to personalize each thank you card by mentioning specific gifts or gestures and expressing how they are meaningful to you and your baby.
- Procrastination: Don’t delay sending out your thank you cards for too long. Promptness is key to show your appreciation and to ensure that your gratitude is timely.
- Grammatical errors or typos: Proofread your thank you cards to ensure that they are free of grammatical errors, typos, or other mistakes. This helps maintain a professional and polished impression.
- Negative comments: Avoid any negative or critical remarks, even if you receive a gift that may not be to your taste or preference. Focus on the thought and effort behind the gift rather than its intrinsic value.
What do you write in a thank you card for money or a gift card?
When expressing gratitude for receiving money or a gift card, consider the following points:
- Acknowledge the gift: Begin by expressing gratitude for the specific gift received, whether it’s money or a gift card. If they attended your shower, be sure to thank them for their attendance and share how happy you were to see them as well.
- Express appreciation: Convey your heartfelt thanks for their thoughtful gesture and generosity. Let them know how much you value their kindness and how it will be put to good use.
- Future plans or intentions: If you have plans for how you’ll use the money or gift card, mention it! For example, if you plan to use it towards purchasing a baby crib or saving for baby’s future, share those intentions to show your gratitude and thoughtfulness. People love to hear your plans and how they were able to help you get what you need.
- Closing remark: End your thank you card by expressing your appreciation once more and sharing your excitement for the upcoming arrival of your baby.
How do you end a thank you card?
When finishing up your thank you card, there are several ways to end it on a positive and appreciative note. Here are a few options:
- With heartfelt thanks
- With much appreciation
- Gratefully yours
- With sincere gratitude
- Thank you once again
- With warm regards
- Wishing you all the best
Choose an ending that resonates with your personality and conveys your genuine gratitude.
Follow the closing remark with your signature or a closing phrase such as “Love,” “Warmly,” or “Best wishes.”
Baby Shower Thank You Card Ideas
Expressing gratitude for the thoughtfulness and generosity shown during your baby shower is a meaningful gesture that will be remembered by your family and friends.
Whether it’s a big baby shower or a virtual celebration, your thoughtful gestures will go a long way in expressing your appreciation.